Thursday, September 9, 2010

09 Sept 2010 - I haven't forgotten about this site!

I've just been unbelievably busy the past month.  Between travel and work and travel for work, there hasn't been much free time.  I do have some good news, however - I will be embarking on a new career and working from home starting the 1st of October.  I'm really looking forward to this.  However, this does involve a short move, just one more thing to add to the pile right now.  It will all be worth it, however.  As far as my gout, it is still staying at bay with a few slight twinges here and there.  I just haven't been able to take that good of care of myself with everything that has been going on, but I've been doing my best.  I have had a few other medical issues crop up and will touch upon these later.  I'm ensured the Lisinopril I've been given to bring my blood pressure down will not affect my gout.  Of course, there are other side effects to worry about such as drowsiness and mild headaches and a general overall groggy feeling. Hopefully this will not be a drug I will be on long.  The increased stress in my life right now did elevate my blood pressure a bit, though, prompting my doctor to put me on the drug for the time being. 

That's all I have time for now.  I will try to update with a bit more information later.

3 comments:

  1. Nate, I hope you don't have to go through what I (and a few other people) did: On the 3rd day all hell broke loose. For hours each night diarrhea turned my bed into the john and the john became my bed. This happened three days in a row when I said: Enough is enough! I quit Lisinopril (the bottle with 90% of the pills is still there to remind me of that shitty (producing) drug.
    What is your BP? Any idea what produces it? The medical industry has been playing with these so-called vital figures who "determine" our "well-being", like BP, cholesterol, triglycerides, GOUT, and a few others. In all cases did they lower the figures to scare people into taking and getting hooked on drugs (and some are greedily expensive.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not having fun on the Lisinopril. It gave me some bad diarrhea while I was down in Chamonix last weekend and has really made me groggy and feel like crap. I ended up having to go to another doctor the other day and he chastised me for not accepting his first recommendation months ago to take it. So, I thought I'd give it a shot. I hate it. I need to talk with my primary doc about this early next week.

    Basically, I've been so stressed and so sleep-deprived the last month+ that my blood pressure skyrocketed last week. I collapsed into a chair in the waiting room at the clinic. I did have my bp under control quite well (127/79 or so on average) until the last few weeks. But, this all should change by the end of the month when I start working for myself from home (yay!). I just may need the Lisinopril to get me to the end of the month and then, I'm off of it. Or, I'll see what my doc says.

    Thanks for the comment, Hans. I was told there were hardly any side effects from this drug. It's good to know I'm not crazy or hyper-sensitive. I always appreciate your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my thoughts are: If your normal BP is 127/79 I'd forget about the meds. When I said screw the med and the doc, 4 years ago, I had never any problems with my BP, as long as there aren't any other health problems that would affect the BP.

    People just are too naive/scared/gullible/ etc. to make decisions on and for their own. Remember, if all the doctors would take all those meds which they shove down their patients’ throat, themselves, we would probably not have any doctors anymore and the so-called civilized world would be better off.

    ReplyDelete