Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New job, new life, new tasks = limited updates right now

One of these days - I promise - I will update this blog with newer and better information.  I have a lot to add, some stuff to change, and some new stories to share.  I just haven't had enough time lately to do what I need to with this site.  Well, I should say, I'm trying to focus on one thing right now and that is to get my burgeoning business off of the ground.  One thing that I have realized since quitting my 9-5 job is that I have always had a tendency to take on way more than I should.  It was driving me batty and wasn't doing too much for me health wise either.  With this new venture, I'm working on getting to a point where I'll only have to put in eight hours a day and not the 12 to 15 I am putting in now.  I really am enjoying what I'm doing, however, but there are other things I would like to spend some time on - like this blog.  It will probably take me two to three months to get to a point of comfort.

Two things regarding my gout that I would like to report.  My last attack, although very painful, was much shorter-lived than attacks in the past have been.  This is definitely a good thing!  Also, I did ski two days last week in the Austrian Alps.  It had been over a year since I'd been on skis, and damn did it feel good!  I still have some knee pain, but that has more to do with cartilage damage (perhaps from numerous gout attacks in my knees) than acute gout.  I don't think this will be stopping me, though.  I felt pretty good on the slopes and can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks!

Until next time.........

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, Nate.

    When I came across this blog a couple of months back and started reading from the beginning, I can't believe how far you've come. I myself, have been taking allopurinol (albeit at 200mg) and I do feel some twinges on the big toe, which means that the med must be working. Like you experienced, I am experiencing very very minor attacks, but it's nothing that some NSAIDs or colchicine cannot handle. I hope that my attacks will be infrequent as yours very soon.

    Thanks for making this blog - it is good to know that there are others out there that have had the misfortune of experiencing gout as there aren't too many people that can say they know what the pain is like. I wish you the very best and while I know that you won't be posting much about the gout stuff, I do enjoy seeing the other things, like the Austrian mountains. When I went travelling through Europe a few years ago, the mountains in Austria were stunning (not to mention Austria had the best tasting water I've ever drank)!

    Take care and I wish you great health!

    J

    ReplyDelete