Sunday, April 18, 2010

18 April 2010 - Not a bad day on Saturday

Yesterday went pretty well.  The weather was sunny and warm indicating that our alloted 1 week of spring in Germany may have finally arrived.  I'm sure the rain will return soon, but it's nice to have this type of weather on a weekend for once!  We took full advantage of this by waking early, packing up our things and the dog, and taking off for little towns and villages around our area to take some photos.  We spent most of the morning doing this which did involve a bit of walking, did a bit of shopping and then went to a friend's birthday party.  A nice walk that evening ensued and was relatively pain-free for me.  So, got some fresh air, a bit of sun, and some light exercise - a great day in my world!

Awoke this morning dragging a bit since we got back home so late last night, but I'm feeiling pretty darn good.  I do have a bit of gouty ankle pain going on, but nothing severe.  Other than that, it looks like most of the gout pain has been fought back for now.  My damn back is still sore, but even that is feeling better.  The knee?  Well, it does what it wants, goes out when it wants and locks up when it wants.  But, it also isn't that painful, more of a nuisance than anything.  It does limit what I can do of course, but I'll worry about that once the gout is more under control and the back is taken care of.  Funny, putting this damaged of a knee third on my list of problems.....

One thing to mention - I did have a bit of meat yesterday - by accident!  Some yummy bean dip was brought out at the party and I did eat a few healthy scoopfuls of the stuff only to have my wife inform me that there was hamburger in it.  No wonder it was so good!  I don't think it will make much of a difference with things, but we'll see.

Also - I'm not going to do the 24 hour pee test today.  I'm going to talk to my regular doctor and discuss the folly of this with him further.  I see no need to pay for this or do it.  I'll report more on that later.

Okay, need to go enjoy this beautiful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment