Friday, May 14, 2010

14 May 2010 - Not a lot to report - and that is a good thing!

Things seem to be going much better than they were just a few days ago.  The major pains in my joints are gone and all that is left are some lingering aches and some minor discomfort.  I'm still taking it pretty easy when walking as a bad step here and there can cause some sharp pains to occur in my ankles and feet.  At least they don't last and are only momentarily bothersome.  My right index finger is still stiff and a bit hard to bend, but the pain isn't too bad.  I don't think this will get any worse. 

My body still is feeling a bit run down, and even with a good nights rest, I still wake up not feeling fully refreshed.  This, too, is getting better, however.  At least I'm not having the accompnanying headaches along with the tiredness anymore.  I'm just going to keep taking things day by day and will hopefully continue getting slightly better as time goes on.  Hopefully this fog that has enveloped my head will eventually lift - I'm sick and tired of being so tired! 

This weekend I may get out to do a bit of walking and picture taking if the weather shapes up.  It's been a dreary week here in Germany.  Rain, wind, and cold!  People always ask me if this type of weather affects my arthritis.  I've never noticed a correlation between the weather and my gout attacks or joint stiffness, so I tell them, "no".  I also tell them that I've lived in very warm and very cold places and my condition never seemed to get any better or worse based on environmental factors.  Just some food for thought.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment