Thursday, May 20, 2010

20 May 2010 - Knee and back acting up again

It's been some time since my knees have experienced any pain from gout.  Last night, however, I noticed that my left knee was starting to feel a bit stiff and slightly painful and that a little swelling was starting to be noticeable.  Of course, as it always goes when this happens, my left knee has become bothersome enough that I'm having to limp a bit on it.  When the fluid from the inflamation starts to collect in the joint, the joint becomes a lot less stable causing it to collapse at the most inopportune times.  The pain isn't horrible yet and I don't think it's going to get all that bad (one becomes experienced in judging these things after 15 years), but it sure is making life more difficult for me.

I had to do way more walking today than I should have been doing on a faulty, gout ridden knee and with my aching back.  There is no need to go in to details, but the job dictates what I must do, and with the tasks handed to me, a lot of walking was involved.  BUT, I did take the first step towards launching my side business today (taken care of on my lunch break).  If all goes as planned, I'll have a new website up and running and be able to advertise said website in about one month.  Even without any real advertising, I've already sold a few pieces of my work which is exciting.  Ultimately, I would love to make this my full time gig, but there is still a lot of work to be done.  Not only would this be a much, much, much more enjoyable profession for me, but it would also allow me to take care of my health a lot better.  Besides eliminating stress, I would not be forced to work while under attack from gout and would be able to dictate my own schedule.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will all eventually work out......

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try and take some pics of Roseburg while I'm here. Maybe from the top of Nebo or something like that. Would you want to make a poster of that? Or any other vantage points I could try and get for you? If the weather clears up, I'm going to try and get out and hike the N. Umpqua as well. See you soon and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely do that. That would be cool! Take a look at some of the stuff I've done and try to frame the pictures like that. By the way....is your phone working or do you have access to your email? Funny getting a message from you on this site. Lol! Have fun and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete