My knee has become a bit worse since I first felt the gout attack taking hold. The pain is not horrible, but it has been difficult to bend it and any sudden movement does cause a sharp pain. However, this attack feels different than any other gout attack I've had in my knee. It feels a lot more internal. Although there isn't dramatic swelling, it also does feel a lot less stable when compared to much more severe attacks I've gone through. I've wrapped it up this morning and it seems to actually be helping some with the pain and the stability issue. I do have a bit of walking to do today since we will be attending a friends birthday party, but I'll try to stay off of it as much as possible.
PS - it looks like we may actually get a spring-like day here for once. I see sun!
PPS - I should be able to provide more coherent posts next week. These past few days have been extremely busy for me. It makes me wonder if stress isn't a factor in this latest attack.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's funny, strange, Nate. I have had a very similar experience this last Tuesday and Wednesday with my left knee, too. Mine DID swell up, however, it never did get to the point where it was in early March, when both my knees swelled up like balloons and I hardly could bend them.
ReplyDeleteSince I am unable to copy any photos to your website, I’ll email them to you so that you can see what my knees looked like in March and a couple of days ago.
There should be a photo
March 8, 2010: Both knees swollen
This time, I took a total of 3 (1 eve & 1 day) Colchicines and Naproxens, plus covered the whole knee and back of it (there was a lump) with a water diluted Manuka Honey mix. The pain subsided within hours and the swelling went down w/i a day or so and was completely gone yesterday.
There shoud be a photo
May 18, 2010: Left knee swollen, Tophi on right index finger, and 6 open/closed wounds in my right big toe/foot.
A Reminder: DON’T EVER let it get to this point!!!
Hans,
ReplyDeletemy knee looks similar to yours now - maybe even a bit more swollen. It just took a few days. I've been taking Naproxen also but need to get something stronger when I go back to the doc this Wed. I'm keeping the knee wrapped just for some stability and to hopefully keep the swelling down a bit. There isn't much else I can do at this point.
I just hope my elbow doesn't blow up. It's painful to the touch and sore to bend. I hate all attacks, but getting them in my knees and elbows, especially at the same time, isn't easy to deal with.
I hope you're feeling better.
PS - I'll try to take some pictures of my knee tonight. I can post them directly in my blog, but the comments section doesn't allow posting of pictures. You could always upload them to a site like Flickr and then just give a link. Just an idea.