Yes, I finally made it back to the office. It was quite the harrowing experience as I nearly did doze off in one spot on my drive. I haven't done that...well, ever. It scared the living shit out of me and the experience at least kept me coherent for the rest of the drive in. It's not a long, drive. Only 10-15 minutes depending on traffic, but long enough that I see a lot of crazy stuff each day. No, I did not take any drugs besides the prednisone before hopping in to my vehicle, I'm just that worn out right now. I feel like I've gone 10 rounds with Tyson in his prime.
The pain in my knee and elbow has actually increased somewhat today. The tightness along the outside of my leg from my knee down to my ankle is worse as is the tightness in the back of my knee. However, the swelling has gone down two-fold which is really nice. It may hurt a bit more to move around, but moving around is easier now. I can actually bend my knee a few more degrees today and am getting closer to being able to straighten it. The pain in my elbow, although overrideen by the pain in my knee the past three days, is a lot more noticeable today. It's not too swollen, but it certainly hurts a lot worse. I'll just have to be careful when using the mouse while sitting at my desk. That's when I tend to bump the thing.
Overall, I'd say I am improving and am on the downhill slide with this attack. It will probably take another week or two before all signs of this latest battle are gone. All I can do is take it easy and be patient. I just hope this feeling of malaise and the tiredness improves. All I feel like doing is sleeping right now. Luckily, a long weekend is coming up. With the weather looking poor, our plans for our trip to Chamonix/Zermatt cancelled and nothing much better to do, I see a lot of movie watching and lying around in my future. We'll try to get out for a drive every now and then for a change of scenery and may even book a guesthouse for a night somewhere, but these will be very low-impact and the primary cause will be for relaxation - for both my wife and myself. She needs the break as much as I do, possibly more. I'm not an easy person to deal with when I get like this. Thank God I have her around to help me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're Welcome.
ReplyDeleteNate,
ReplyDeleteIn case you have not noticed, the side effects of the meds you are taking include:
1) Allopurinol: malaise, depression, asthenia, somnolence, arthralgia & myopathy.
2) Percocet: malaise, apnea & hypotension.
I wonder if it's really necessary for you to take 600 mg/day of Allopurinol and suffer its side effects which include arthralgia and myopathy. After all, about 90% of hyperuricemic (UA>7 mg/dL) people do not have gout.
A second point: Percocet contains 2 ingredients: Oxycodone/acetaminophen. Most of Percocet tablets contain 325 mg of acetaminophen, and 2.5~10 mg of oxycodone. You may want to clarify the amount of oxycodone you take a day in the Tracker.
Be careful driving while taking Allopurinol & Percocet. Get well soon.
(by annon.nn)
Anon,
ReplyDeleteWith the Allo, the only things I have noticed would be the malaise and depression. But, those were sort of there before I started taking the drug. It's hard not to be depressed when you are in constant, debilitating pain and can't do anything. There possibly has been some joint pain when I'm not undergoing an acute attack, too. I do notice that in my ankles and feet and knees.
300mg of Allo wasn't dropping my UA levels low enough, keeping them hovering around 6mg/dl. I needed to be much lower to instigate the 'cleansing' of the UA deposits from what I understand.
Thanks for the clarification on the Percocet. I knew there was acetaminophen in there, I just wasn't sure what the breakdown was.